Ways to Give
As a charitable gift organization, EFF’s mission is to provide educational opportunities to children in Kenya that would otherwise be denied the opportunity to go to school.
You'll be amazed at the difference charitable giving and a simple donation can make in the life of a child.
The Education for the Future Foundation (EFF) is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization in the United States. All contributions are tax-deductible.
Become a sponsor
The most important way that you can help is to Become a Sponsor. Our program matches sponsors to secondary school students to pay some or all of their school feels. Learn more about what sponsorship entails here.
Make a donation
Make a one-time donation to EFF that will be used to cover additional sponsorship costs and administrative expenses, primarily for our work in Kenya. All work performed by US staff is done on a volunteer basis.
Other ways to give
To date, supporters have found other creative and meaningful ways to be charitable in addition to the traditional donations:
- In honor/memorial: There have been four gifts of sponsorships given in honor and memory of a recently deceased relative or in celebration of a wedding.
- United Way: It is possible to direct United Way donations to your favorite non-profit! Contact EFF for Details
- In-Kind Donations: many useful items such as a piano, computers, and appliances have been donated to the EFF garage sales.
- Pocket Change: Children have gotten involved by saving and donating their coins to buy a book for a child on the other side of the world!
- Birthdays/Christmas: One supporter invited friends and family to make a donation to a non-profit, such as the EFF, in lieu of gifts.
Where your donation goes
- Donations to the EFF are used in a variety of ways, although we work hard to minimize administrative costs.
- Money donated in the form of a student sponsorship is used to pay for school tuition, room and board, school supplies and tutoring if needed for all four years of secondary school.
- General donations are used to cover administrative costs in Kenya, including our Kenya director’s salary, internet, phone, site visits to check on students, student training sessions and to buy books for the students.
- Minimal donations from the general fund are used to pay for administrative costs in the United States, such as our newsletters and website. All work in the U.S. is done on a volunteer basis.